Podcast is a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically. The term Podcast is actually a portmanteau of iPod and Broadcast.
This is for personal brands, pastors, public speakers and sales machine
Another question that will probably come to your mind is, why Podcast?
Podcast is also called internet radio. it’s a powerful tool for building influence if you are a natural verbal communicator. There’s a depth of connection and trust you can create through speaking that cannot be done in writing.
Podcasts are still rare in Nigeria, so this is the right time to start yours and make the mega money.
Five (5) stages of a podcast launch
When planning for a podcast launch, you follow the following steps:
- Pick a Niche, it can be Personal Development, Spiritual, Motivational talks, Business, etc…;
- Decide on a name for your podcast;
- Decide on the content format either how-to, interviews or a mix of both; &
- Decide on the frequency of publish, you can make it once a week.
To do this, you will be needing the following tools
- Computer (Mac or windows)
- Audacity for recording (Audacity is an app for PCs)
- Zoom for Interview (Zoom is an app for PCs)
After recording and editing, it’s time to publish your work. The following steps are
- Create an account on com and upload your episodes there. There’s a free plan but I recommend the premium plan for advanced features;
- Get your ‘RSS Feed URL’ from Soundcloud;
- To publish on iTunes for FREE, get an account at Apple iTunes Connect and submit your RSS Feed URL; &
- You can also publish on Google podcasts and stitch using the same RSS FEED URL.
For you to distribute your podcast effectively, you need to learn how to build Audience as it will ensure you get massive listenership. You need audience from different online platforms like Facebook fans/followers, Email subscribers, telegram channels, whatsApp, Instagram, twitter and lots of them.
The whole purpose of this podcast for money making, so this serves as a sales machine once you get it going. You can use it to sell your Digital products, Events, Coaching, Physical Products and Ad Sponsorships.
Note: you need a laptop for effective launching and a website if you want to be taken seriously and trusted. Get a DIY guide on how to create a website using WordPress and build your own site without the aid of web developer for cost effectiveness.