Do you know that Udemy, the No. 1 Online course website in the world, hosts over 100,000 online courses?
And many of the authors of these course do 6 or 7-figures every year, selling nothing but online courses to over 24 million students around the globe.
I’m sure you have come across a lot of them online while on Facebook or any of the social media platforms.
Many people are intimidated by the thought of creating one. In fact some people feel that it’s simply beyond them.
if you want to make a living online, you may want to join the revolution, to educate, entertain and empower people.
Do you have a passion for something?
Are you skilled in a particular profession?
Do you have a special talent in any area?
Do you know that one way to effectively share this with the world is by creating an online course.
Benefits of creating and selling Online courses:
- You’ll earn a decent living from your passion while doing the work you love.
- You’ll reach more people, make impact and change lives
- You’ll become financially secured, by building an asset which generates you an income even while you sleep.
- You’ll enjoy deep personal fulfillment from the success stories of people whom your course have changed their lives for good
- You’ll enjoy both time & money freedom
In fact, creating an online course can be one of the most rewarding things you’ll ever have to do in your life time, and I’m going to teach you how to make that happen in your own life by visiting the Blog Cash University.
Here’s what it entails:
- On the launch of this course, this online video course made over N5million selling over 200 memberships.
- Thereafter, every single month, there’s a regular 25 – 30 fresh membership registrations, which amounts to an extra N750k – N900k per month in passive income.
- Once in a while students who pass through this training, goes on to do 6-figures.
These are the good things that happens in your life when you’re able to put out an excellent resource online as a course for people to benefit themselves from.
Now let’s face the reality…
Creating an online course takes some skills and efforts to pull off. But that doesn’t mean it is beyond you.
And because of that very reason, the following questions may be going on in your mind…
- I’m not an “expert”, why should anyone buy my course?
- Why would anyone pay for an information they can find free on Google?
- Why should I create a course when someone has already done it?
- Creating a course takes a lot of time, I don’t think I have that time.
Now before I answer the above concerns or questions you may have about online courses, I want you to know this…
“Selling An Online Course Isn’t The Only Reason to Create One”
Many people who already have struggling businesses create courses in order to help them sell more of their services or products.
In other words…
If you sell coaching, advising, consulting or any other kind of professional services, an online course can be your most powerful lead generation tool, and here’s why…
1. A Online Course Delivers Value to Your Leads
By sharing your expertise and helping your leads/subscribers achieve a successful outcome (even a small one) before they buy, you prove your worth better than a proposal, an ad or a marketing email ever could.
2. An Online Course Lets Your Leads Get to Know You
Unlike with an eBook or a short report, your students or prospects will learn from you over a period of days or weeks, rather than in one session.
This gives them time to feel more comfortable working or dealing with you, and builds trust, an invaluable tool to help you sell your services.
I’m sure that the reason you pay attention to my newsletters is because each time you receive an email from me, you learn from it, and your knowledge about online marketing increase.
3. An Online Course Is a Natural Stepping Stone to Upsell From
You could give your course away for free and generate lots of subscribers. Or, you could charge for your course and generate fewer, but much higher-quality leads who are already paying you money.
Research suggests that the probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20%, while the probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%.
Courses are an easy way to create existing customers to sell to!
One of the powerful coaching programs that teaches you how to sell online courses is The Blog Cash University. With it, you could be selling dozens of copies of your courses every month.
In the coming days, I should be taking you into a practical journey on the process of creating an online course.
If you enjoyed this piece, you may share it on your social media friends. Leave a comment below if you have an opinion.