Want to use Google search more efficiently and get the search results you want quickly? Here are 12 Google hacks and tricks to maximize your search efficiency
1. Streamline a word to a news platform e.g. London :BBC
2. For word definition, type define:word e.g. Define:things
3. Find key words in a file e.g. Resume Tips intext:Skills
4. Activate Chrome history on multiple device to access a tab on your computer right from your phone.
5. Include ‘filetype:pdf’ to a search if you want only PDF files and ‘filetype:doc’ to a search for only word doc files.
6. Type ‘Do a barrel roll’ & click enter to watch page roll.
7. Type ‘Google Gravity’ & select I’m feeling lucky.
8. Press control button (or command on Mac) when you click on a link. This tells Chrome to automatically open that link in a new tab while staying on your current page.
9. Use control + shift +V when you copy from google and paste in your word document to match destination.
10. If you need an image that is free to use in order to avoid copyright issues, go to Tools, click “Usage Rights” and filter your choice.
11. For latest article on a topic, go to Tools, Click “Any Time” and filter by last 24hours.
12. You can also do the following on Google:
Translate a language
Use a Calculator
Get Timezone of an area
Get Weather information of any place